Workshop 1: Ethics and the Success of Your Laboratory
Presenter: France Legault, CALA Instructor
Date / Time: Monday, April 24, 2023. / 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Course Length: ½ day
Good ethics are good business. Yet sometimes we all struggle to do the right thing in the workplace. Maybe we feel stressed or overwhelmed, and the easier option becomes more attractive. We could also be afraid to speak up—or just unsure what the ethical decision would be.
Ethics in the laboratory covers acting with professional integrity, understanding and abiding with impartiality and conflict of interest guidelines, and maintaining confidentiality.
This engaging training course will cover the ethics knowledge that is required to ensure laboratory activities are conducted impartially and ensuring objectivity is maintained. It includes in-depth discussions and case studies that will challenge your understanding of professional integrity and ethics.
Who should attend?
This course is for all laboratory staff, including people who:
- Conduct testing or calibration
- Support laboratory activities
- Manage the laboratory management system
- Train laboratory staff
- Manage the laboratory
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand ethical principles
- Understand the connection between professional integrity and data integrity
- Implement systems that include requirements for impartiality and confidentiality in the laboratory